15 December 2007

Heaven Shall Burn

I think I found another one. The sound this band has is exactly what I'm looking for in music right now; pounding aggression, harsh encompassing vocals, and at least some instrumental virtuosity. I have yet to hear an album, but this video has me excited.

Heaven Shall Burn - Counterweight


UPDATE: Listening to their latest album Iconoclast right now. It actually hasn't been released yet.

So far it's not quite as intense as Anaal Nathrakh, but not much is; I've heard that there is a band called Stalaggh that beats them in the destruction of souls department, but I haven't found any of their material yet.

Anyway, this is a good album. Possibly more melodic than I expected, which is far from a bad thing as long as they keep the intensity intact.

Heh, the first paragraph on their wikipedia page is pretty cool:
Heaven Shall Burn is a melodic death metal band from Saalfeld, Germany. They combine an aggressive metal sound with lyrics that show a militant support of anti-racism and fighting social injustice. Four of the five members are vegan.
Kinda like Gojira's subject matter all involving environmentalist themes. This was unexpected and pleasing.

After a couple listens-through, I can say that it did not live up to my hopes, but it was still a good album. Probably the heaviest melodeath I've heard so far.

No comments: