24 December 2007

Half-Life 2: Episode 2


Well. That took long enough.

Most people finish this game in about 3 days or so, some in less than a day. It took me a few months. Granted, most of that time was spent gearing up for yet another failure in the finale. It was HARD. I finally reduced the difficulty from Normal to Easy and killed the last two walkers without much ado.

Frustration just isn't my thing.

Anyway, it was a great game. I wish my system were a bit higher-end so I could appreciate it to its fullest, but even with what I have it was quite an experience (what I can remember). The sand-lion caves were very cool.

Here's to Episode 3.

Oh, and Happy Jingle-Day.

2 comments:

The Horns and the Hawk said...

i bought the orange box for my xbox. i played HL2 when it came out however long ago on my pc. after i played portals, i've had such a hard time convincing myself to go back through it so that i can be in the right "frame of mind" (so to speak) to be able to enjoy eps 1 and 2.

i also never played HL1, so i think a lot of this stuff is lost on my anyways.

Scott said...

Ah, but Portal is a part of the Halo universe, and is very loosely referenced in Episode 2. I think it would be best to play it between E1 and E2. I played it before the any Half-Life games (except for a brief trial of the original some years ago), but I kind of wish I had played at least HL2 first. Portal's background will most likely be a large part of Episode 3.

I'm playing Half-Life: Source right now so I can finally get the whole Black Mesa story and be cool like everybody else.